Monday, November 5, 2012

Pushcart Gallery



Inspired by hot dog carts, gypsy wagons, and carnivals- my pushcart art gallery.

I kept it small so there wouldn't be any room for the "Snooties" to walk the floor and stroke their chin and contemplate the depths of my tortured soul.

Actually, it is a reaction to the high-brow, splatter paint painters...what can I say? I guess I'm just low-brow and easily bored with the whole "accidental art" abstract expressionistic trained-monkey paint smearer club. (yeah, it's fun to do, but DANG! How many smears can a person make without going mad?)
And as I view these photos, I stroke my dirty beard and ask myself. "What tortured soul would spend precious time producing such a thing from the junk laying about his yard?"
And I wonder." Would it not be more enlightening and mentally healing to just clean up the yard?"
So, that's that. That's all it is. (...and it's kind of empty, but I'll get on that soon. I guess.)

3 comments:

  1. this is some great work! the circular saw blade is a really neat touch :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for checking it out...the saw blade was actaully a necessity-it stabalizes the axle so it won't break the wooden frame, otherwise I probably wouldn't have thought to use it.

      Delete
    2. not at all, your welcome... & thanks for checking out & adding my blog too. I first came across your work over on illustration friday & subsequently arrived here. I'm really intrigued by your work in general.

      hmm...interesting. i like how the blade then has both a practical function as well as aesthetic impact.

      your pushcart gallery reminds me of a guy i knew back at uni. he was a painter & used to take his paintings from gallery to gallery. he would carry them all on his bicycle - balancing them on his pedals & any other part that would support the many canvas' he had.

      Delete