Friday, December 28, 2012

My shack life: for another door-part 3

I guess it's been a few weeks since I finished the door for the studio but I find that it's still a bit cold to do much drawing. My fingers get stiff and just don't do what I ask them to do. It's kind of like talking with frozen lips. So, I need to install a wood stove, but it's not going to happen this season, for sure. But that's okay, this place makes a good spot out of the weather for my wood butchery.


I had to scratch my head for a minute when I thought about this latch. I wanted it made from wood to match the hinges and I wanted it to be spring-loaded so it would slide in on its own when I closed the door. The wood is poplar like the hinges and most of it came from the framework of a couch I no longer wanted. The spring I scrounged out of the tool shack-I have no idea where that originated.

 This summer, I'll dismantle the whole door, take it outside, and sand all the pieces smooth (actually, my wife said that she would do it, for I don't have the patience.)

No comments:

Post a Comment